I thought I'd seen a lot when it comes to communing with the dead but this evening my mother and I were about to watch television only to find that my VCR was flashing its time and power lights in alternating rhythm and not working. We hadn't had any power disruptions and it got messed up from one minute to the next. This electrical conundrum followed closely on the heels a neighbour kindly pointing out to us that my mother's car headlights were on. She went and turned off the headlights, wondering how she could possibly have inadvertently turned them on. They weren't on when we had got into the car not an hour before and we hadn't touched them since. Fleur made an offhand comment, half jokingly, saying "Oh, it was probably Geoff trying to get our attention" - not a normal sort of comment for her to make. Later, when my VCR went on the fritz, it made us wonder.
Yesterday, I set up a little memorial to Geoff in my living room, just for a week or so. I put a pillar candle on a table along with a card that he made for me last fall and a vase that he had chosen for the family to give me for my birthday a few years ago. The neck of the vase is really tiny and I have two small feathers stuck into the opening. After dinner this evening, once it was dark, I lit the candle. When the VCR conked out and wouldn't be revived, I wondered out loud if it really was Geoff trying to talk to us. In my usual style, I started to look up at the ceiling and talk to him - the way I do with all discarnate beings - don't we all.
Nothing was coming through clearly so I got my pendulum out and tried that. As I asked questions and watched which way the pendulum swung, my mother was idly looking at the flame of the candle. Incidentally, since I'd had it burning yesterday evening, the flame was below the level of the top of the candle. It was alternating between being completely still and dancing wildly, and seemed to be doing it in relation to the questions I was asking. Neither of us could quite believe our eyes but we gave up on the pendulum and started asking yes/no questions to see what the candle did. Having never done this before, we're not sure if we can rely on what happened but it was very strange and we think, successful.
I should mention here that the feathers in the vase didn't budge, even while the candle flame danced. Although I'm sure there was some air movement, it wasn't much and not enough to stir the feathers. The candle is still dancing now but it's doing it constantly. As I asked questions, my mother found she was feeling colder and colder. I wasn't chilly at all so she held out her hands for me to feel how cold she was. They felt as warm as usual to me. If we really were contacting Geoff, then we wondered if perhaps he was drawing on her energy in order to make the flame move.
Life is so interesting! Who knows what was going on with the electrics and the candle. My VCR seems to be buggered for the time being but we kept ourselves amused for the evening in a way that was more interesting than the TV would have been. Anyone for a seance?
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Did you miss a blog?
-
►
2008
(19)
- ► November 23 (1)
- ► November 9 (1)
- ► October 12 (1)
- ► September 21 (1)
- ► September 14 (1)
- ► February 24 (1)
- ► February 10 (1)
- ► January 20 (1)
- ► January 13 (1)
-
▼
2007
(38)
- ► December 9 (1)
- ► December 2 (2)
- ► November 11 (1)
- ► November 4 (1)
- ► October 14 (1)
- ► September 23 (1)
- ► September 16 (1)
- ► September 2 (2)
No comments:
Post a Comment