Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Projecting ahead to Whitehorse

My friend Janet is readying herself for her daughter Iris' imminent fall departure for Toronto and the beginning of her dance education at York University. Alan, her eldest hasn't left home yet because he's saving for a music school in Los Angeles and hasn't got enough money yet. They're quite the artistically talented family. Just after Iris leaves, I will arrive for a visit and sleep in Iris' newly vacated room. (Thanks Iris for the hospitality)

Janet suggested that I might be able to give a talk in Whitehorse and maybe find some interested takers for a few private sessions while I'm there. With this in mind, I have been giving some thought to what I might talk about and how to publicise it before I arrive. I have the feeling that I should talk to the needs of the group, which means that I will know what I should say as I sit in front of them. But I have to entice them to come in the first place. I'm considering how to explain how I work when I'm in a group like that and how that might be useful and/or interesting to participate in.

I thought I should design a flyer and send it to Janet electronically. I could even post it on a few electronic bulletin boards, in addition to the cork kind. I wonder who might be interested: people in the business community who might want to know about coaching or have an organizational reading; people in the so-called 'alternative' community who might be interested in a reading, or even in getting some friends together for a group reading; or any individuals who might want to know more about listening to their own intuition, or what it's like to be psychic. I've also considered that there might be some teenagers who are interested in what I do or in what I might be able to channel. I would have loved that sort of thing as a teenager and wish I'd had that sort of opportunity.

Really I'm thinking out loud. Writing is a way to stimulate my creative juices, so I'll just continue ... Publicising a specific topic for a talk might catch people's interest but on the other hand it might be limiting. I love the adventure of not know what might come out of my mouth to meet the needs and interests of the people who show up. Although it requires a huge amount of trust and I have to be on the ball to do it, it's really quite exciting.

I'm anticipating that Janet will have to work for part of the time that I'm there so I could do a few sessions while she's at work. I'd just need a centrally located room in which to meet people. Maybe someone would donate one, or barter for one. This sounds better and better the more I write! I'm going to really enjoy this.

You guys know me best. Do you have any ideas?