I've come to the conclusion that I want to work with an organization that is willing to experiment with combining the masculine and the feminine principles. It might be a male or female who heads things up but he/she has to be willing to encompass both the active masculine and the intuitive, chaotic feminine. The person might not call it that; I don't think it really matters what they call it.
Next question: How will I be able to tell if the person/org is doing this? Hmm. For starters, I'll probably be able to tell from the way in which they treat the HR department. Is it lip service or do they really involve the HR people in the decision-making process? What are they looking for when they hire? How do they see what they're doing in the world? How do they treat the environment? How do they treat their staff?
I recently cut a spaghetti squash in half and steamed it. When I had dug the flesh out of the skin, I discovered that the skin was still quite hard. I cleaned it out and set it under the light to dry. Now I have two halves that I'm quite in love with.
The colour is beautiful and the shape is pleasing to my eye. One won't sit flat because it has the stem firmly attached. I came to think about this because I've been given a beautiful, large white bowl for an early Christmas present. In the picture here it has a smaller one inside it.
It symbolizes the feminine to me - a container in which the masculine activity can unfold, where it will be held. That led me to thinking about what sort of job I want and I was remembering what I wrote about in my unpublished novel (maybe I wrote it just to inform myself!): the integration of the masculine and the feminine principles as they relate to the way we live our lives.
I see the 'masculine' as the active aspect of life; the birthing, the building, the hunting and figuring. And I see the 'feminine' as the conception, the holding, the patience, the inspiration, the vision. If we want to have a chance at saving our planet, I think we have to pass the 'ball' backwards and forwards between the two and not let it get stuck in either. One principle can't 'win' and take over any more. We have to let go off that paradigm now. It's like children needing two parents. Nature didn't design things that way by accident!
The big bowl is designed to hold everything while we mix it all up together. And the squash bowls can be the scoops that hold the masculine (that would be the end with the stem, the end that 'isn't sitting upright') and the feminine (the one that sits flat, whatever the metaphor is for that!). Interesting that they have 'rough edges'. Perhaps I still have work to do as regards smoothing off the rough edges.
No comments:
Post a Comment